Whether you wish to donate to our scholarship fund, sing as a member of our women’s choral group, hold a seat on our board of directors, or volunteer on one of the many committees that support the work of the Duet Club, we encourage you to join us. We are looking for sopranos and altos to be a part of our women’s choral group, as well as members willing to work behind the scenes to pull it all together.
Some of the highlights of the 2015-2016 Season include:
- Season opening concert featuring past scholarship winners
- 2015 Scholarship Awards Concert
- 2015 Michael Geryk Piano Competition
- Performances by the Duet Club Choral Group at:
- Germania Club All Choirs Night
- Highgate Retirement Residence
- St. Joseph’s Villa
- Annual Choral Concert
- Recording session for grant applications
- Fundraising trip to the Shaw Festival
- Professional Development vocal classes for chorus members
- Promotion and recruitment tables at:
- Golden Age Expo
- Dundas Seniors Day
The Duet Club of Hamilton was founded in 1889 by Ellen Ambrose and is the longest-standing women’s choral group in Canada. We invite you to be a part of that tradition. Membership is open to all.
In the choral group we welcome altos and sopranos of all musical backgrounds and abilities.There are no auditions but you will be asked to meet with Maestro Potvin to determine your vocal placement within the group. Rehearsals are held on Wednesday mornings from 9:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. in the Parlour at Melrose United Church and you may join at any time throughout the season. First rehearsal is on Wednesday, September 14, 2016.
For more information contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Together let’s ‘make music for the joy of it’.