• The applicant should submit a recording of his/her playing of solo piano music on CD, Compact Flash or SDD card, or video DVD by mail, OR on MP3 or similar submitted by email or a download service such as DropBox or YouTube no later than January 14, 2017.
• The recording must be of the applicant’s playing after April 1, 2016.
• The recording must include one of the works that will be played at the Final Competition (if the applicant qualifies).
• The recording should be at least 10 minutes and no longer than 20 minutes. If it is longer, the judges may not listen to any more than the first 20 minutes.
• Repertoire should be “classical” (not popular or jazz), in the sense of Baroque, Classical, Romantic, 20th or 21st century Classical. Unpublished works are not eligible.
• A high-quality AUDIO recording is recommended.
Application & Recording Submission Deadline
Recordings must be delivered or emailed by January 14, 2017 to:
Geryk Memorial Competition
521 Kortright Rd. West
Guelph, ON N1G 3R5
MP3 or similar should be emailed to Ken Gee (see Contact email below).
Applicants who qualify for the Final Competition in February will be notified before the end of January.